February 8, 1868 - The first meeting of Alma Masonic Lodge Under Dispensation of the Grand Lodge of Michigan was held in the Ellison building at the corner of State and Superior Streets. The Worshipful Master at this meeting was a brother named Thomas Bamborough, an employee of the Wright Baron lumber company. The regular meetings were held on Saturday evenings before the full moon at 6:30 p.m. in the winter and at 7:30 p.m. in the summer.
January 15, 1869 - Alma Lodge #244 became a chartered lodge of the Grand Lodge of Michigan on January 15, 1869.
January 15, 1886 - Meeting day changed to Friday
October 3, 1887 - New Masonic hall dedicated in the Church block, annual rent set at $125
December 7, 1889 - Committee appointed for membership to the Michigan Masonic Home Association
May 10, 1911 - Lodge approves intention of purchasing the Lancashire property on State Street for a new temple for $2,500. Masonic Temple Association adopted as the name for use with this new property on June 7, 1911.
October 22, 1913 - Lawrence S. Montigel became the 244th member of Alma #244
August 28, 1917 - Motion passed to exempt members from dues who are in active duty military service and to care for their widows and orphans.
July 17, 1918 - 1st meeting held at the former opera house at the corner of State and Superior.
December, 1962 - Masonic Temple Association and Central National Bank announce plans to build.
April, 1963 - Ground broken on the current building
January 15, 1969 - Alma #244 Centennial
January 15, 2019 - Alma #244 Sesquicentennial